Please remember to read the care label inside your cashmere product before cleaning. If you treat your cashmere with respect it will be part of your wardrobe for a lifetime.
Cashmere knitwear can be hand washed or dry-cleaned. We recommend the following process for hand-washing:
- Turn the garment inside out and place in lukewarm water containing a non-bio detergent.
- Gently press the water through fabric – do not rub, wring or stretch.
- Rinse thoroughly in clean cold or lukewarm water.
- Squeeze out excess water, taking care not to stretch the garment.
- On a flat surface, smooth the garment back into shape.
- Dry flat, away from sunlight or direct heat sources.
- Once dry, press lightly on reverse with a cool iron.
Cashmere will not survive the tumble-dryer – do not try!
Cashmere can be dry-cleaned, although please be aware that the super-soft feeling will not be as noticeable due to the chemicals used during the process.